NAB adopts MSA National’s IDYou App as Compulsory for All Brokers
A major bank has amended its broker policy for consumer lending to better adapt its processes to the current COVID-19 environment.
NAB has announced changes to its Know Your Customer (KYC), Verification of Identity (VOI) and interview requirements. From Thursday, 23 April onward, the group will require brokers to use the IDyou app, developed and powered by MSA National, for the remote sighting, collection and verification of identity documents.
Brokers have been instructed they must use the app until further advised.
In addition to using IDyou, the bank requires brokers to interview customers via video calls to sight them with their original documentation.
It is then necessary for brokers to include a record of the video interview process in the summary tab in ApplyOnline, as NAB has made it clear it may request this information later if not provided in the submitted notes.
Otherwise, brokers are expected to undergo the ApplyOnline application process as usual, such as through using the Document Verification Service (DVS). If DVS is unsuccessful, they are still responsible for making enquiries to satisfy the discrepancy, whether through asking further questions or obtaining more documentation.
Additionally, the requirement to include the Customer Identity Check (CIC) form remains.
The bank has clarified this change is a “temporary measure”, but did not provide further insight into how the processes will be adapted upon the termination of the government's social distancing guidelines.
NAB has assured brokers that by following the amended process through IDyou, they will be in compliance with all relevant requirements.
- ARNECC’s new announcement makes life easier for brokers in this new pandemic era
- NSW and QLD Governments approves video conference witnessing
- NAB adopts MSA National’s IDYou App as Compulsory for All Brokers
- Resimac Partners with MSA on IDYou and settlement services
- AFG partners with MSA on remote VOI Solution
- UBank announces partnership with MSA National to provide DigiDocs.
- David Berry joins MSA National as associate director - risk and operations.
- NAB and Advantedge Now Accepting IDyou
- MSA surges ahead to 4th Position on PEXA Leaderboard for week ended 01/09/17 for non transfer invitations
- MSA National and EY mark robotics process automation program milestone
- MSA’s Push on PEXA leader board
- Does Remote VOI pass the Reasonable Steps test?
- MSA launches best practice New-Generation e-Sign Solution.
- MSA launches mobile VOI App - IDyou
- MSA goes live with e-Settlements via PEXA - DigiSettle
- MSA National Among First To Gain Access to PEXA